Your Use of this Website
- Your access to and use of this website and any of its subdomains (the "Website") is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions").
Terms and Conditions
The Website is operated by The Children’s Trust (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”), Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU. Our Charity Registration number is 288018.
in these Terms and Conditions "you" and "your" means a user of the Website, and "user" means a part who accesses, browses, crawls or in any way uses the Website.
We can be contacted in writing at Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU. Please mark any correspondence about this website FAO Webmaster or by email here.
Use of this website
You agree to use the Website as permitted by these Terms and Conditions and for lawful purposes only. In particular, you agree:
- not to use the Website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of provacy and publicity) of others;
- not to use this Website to receive, store, access or transmit material that is obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, abusive, threatening, degrading, racist, in breach of confidence or in breach of third party intellectual property rights (including copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful;
- not to download any file shared by another user on the Website that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or entity;
- to abide by all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct when using the Website and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of the Website;
- not to use the Website in any way which might infringe any rights of any third party or give rise to a legal claim against us by any third party;
- not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or do anything that may interrupt or impair its functionality;
- not to collect or store personal data about other users for commercial purposes;
- to respect the privacy of other users;
- to provide true, accurate, complete and current information to us and notify us immediately of any change;
- not to access or attempt to access parts of this website that you are not authorised to access;
- not to interfere with the use of this Website by other users;
- not to use the Website to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems or interfere with services to other host providers, networks or websites;
- not to use this Website to transmit material (including viruses) or otherwise use this website so as to cause harm to this Website, to other users or which is likely to bring the Website or us into disrepute.
We will do our best to maintain the operation of this Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. However, we cannot guarantee that the Website will be technically suitable for viewing on your computer or that it will be delivered to you uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. You are responsible for providing all computer equipment, mobile phone equipment and telecommunications service required to use the website. We cannot and do not accept any responsibility for your equipment and cannot guarantee the continued availability of any other person or services involved in providing the website to you.
Forums and our online community
Our forum has been devised as a peer-to-peer support service for users to share their experiences with each other.
Members and any other users of the forum do so subject to these Terms and Conditions. The following additional terms apply:
- Forum administrators at The Brain Injury Hub and staff at The Children's Trust are unable to respond to enquiries of a medical nature.
- Comments made by forum users outside of The Children's Trust may not represent the opinion of The Children's Trust or The Brain Injury Hub and should not be relied upon as representing such views.
- Forum posts are public, unless stated within a particular group. You should use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself when using the forum, and must not post or upload personally identifying information of third parties unless you have their consent to do so.
- We reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to suspend or ban you from the website or forum without notice.
- We reserve the right to block or remove any content at any time at our sole discretion.
- Content you post must not contain any information about, or any information that would identify any person(s) under the age of 16 unless you are either the parent or guardian of the child, or you have signed permission from their parent or guardian.
- You acknowledge that content posted by users does not reflect the views and experience of The Children’s Trust.
- Any users other than the forum administrator(s) who give the impression that they represent the views or experiences of The Children’s Trust may be removed from the forum without notice.
- You must have the right to submit any content you post. In submitting your content, you grant The Children’s Trust a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use it on the website. In submitting your content, you agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you have in any content.
- You also warrant that your content:
- does not contain any information about or any information that would identify any person(s) under the age of 16 unless you are either the parent or guardian of the child, or you have signed permission from their parent or guardian.
- Does not infringe any copyright, trade marks, rights of privacy or confidentiality, publicity or any other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity. Does not contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programs or material. Does not violate any applicable laws or codes of conduct.
- Does not contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
- Does not contain any material which is defamatory;
- Does not contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- Does not contain any material which is likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Is not racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Does not contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Is not likely to deceive any person;
- Is not made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality;
- Is not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Is not likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- Does not contain links to any sites which might breach the terms above.
- Parents and other users may wish to recommend services or products to our members through our forums. While we would not wish to discourage this, we retain the right to edit or remove (at our discretion) posts which make explicit reference to products, organisations or services. Posts should not advertise products or services for gain.
- We reserve the right to stop, suspend or withdraw the forums or this website at any time.
- We reserve the right to stop, suspend or withdraw your right to use the forums or this website at any time.
The forums are re-actively moderated. This means that we do not pre-approve or check posts or comments before they appear on the site. We will usually only check comments if a complaint is made about them.
Blogs, news and event content
Blogs in our online community represent the views of the author only, and do not represent those of The Children's Trust or the Brain Injury Hub.
Our event content is intended to be used as a noticeboard only. The information is drawn from the organisers themselves and we have no responsibility for the events themselves. Neither The Children's Trust nor the Brain Injury HUb endorses these events.
Many of the images used on the site are stock photographs and are used for purposes of illustration only. The individuals featured are models.
This website contains content that is provided for general information purposes only and, although we endeavour to ensure that the content is accurate at the time of writing and up-to-date, users should seek appropriate legal advice before taking or refraining from taking any action based on any of it.
This website contains general information only. It is not intended to constitute specific medical or other professional advice. You should always obtain medical advice from a competent practitioner relating to your particular circumstances and before making any decision based in full or in part on the information or material obtained from this website.
All italicised quotes and parents' case studies represents their subjective experience and must not be construed as factual information.
Whilst we try to make sure that the information contained on this website is accurate, we give no assurances regarding the accuracy, currency or reliability of such information. Neither we nor the authors of any material on this site accept any liability to you for any action you decide to take, or refrain from taking, as a result of information obtained from this website.
If you are accessing this website from outside the UK you should remember that the content relates to the the UK alone and may not be accurate or applicable to the juridiction you are accessing the website from.
Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions, or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall not be liable for loss or damage which is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
All information, data and materials on or used in this website are protected by rights, including copyright, design rights, database rights and trade marks. All these rights are either owned by us or licensed to us by the rights owner(s) for use with this website or otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law. You are allowed to download, print and view content from our site for your personal use only.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or otherwise provide any content to any third parties outside your business.
Any other copying, distribution, storing, framing or transmission of any kind or any sort of commercial use of the material used in this website is strictly prohibited without our express consent. Our status as authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Changes to our site
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If this needs arises we may suspend access to our site or terminate it indefinitely.
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies you can do this through your browser settings (please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website). You can read about the cookies we use on our cookie information page here.
You may not create any hypertext or other link to this website without obtaining our prior written consent. We reserve the right to employ such measures as necessary to remove linking or framing to this website.
We are not responsible for the content of any site other than our own and are not responsible for the privacy practices of any linked sites.
Viruses and internet safety
The internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee that this website and the server are free of computer viruses or other harmful applications. We recommend that you regularly update your browser software and use up-to-date anti-virus software to ensure that your access to this website is as secure as possible. Your access to this website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, the introduction of new facilities or services, or due to events beyond our reasonable control. Where this happens, we will attempt to restore this website as soon as we reasonably can.
Websites or other material linked to this website
We have no control over other websites that may be hypertext or otherwise linked to this website. We make no representations or guarantees about those websites or their content, nor that the links work..
You shall be responsible for any losses, expenses or other costs incurred by us which are caused by your deliberate breach of these Terms and Conditions.
We may cancel or suspend your access to this website if you breach these Terms and Conditions or misuse this website you have behaved in a way which objectively could be regarded as inappropriate or is unlawful or illegal or which would bring us into disrepute.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you may wish to take court proceedings. These Terms and Conditions and the agreement between you and us are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Information Standard
The Children's Trust is accredited by The Information Standard scheme.
The Children's Trust shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of The Children's Trust.